Tuesday, July 24, 2007

And then they were 4


Jason left on Sunday and we miss him a lot. Today's paper (the Honolulu Advertiser) has an article on the benefits of vacation (supported by research!) and I'm hoping he's feeling some of them now that he's back to the real world.

The kids and I continue our vacation...yesterday we returned to Lanakai Beach (near the site of last week's shark attack) for some wave-free swimming. The afternoon was spent with a bit of Webkinz, a trip to the Kalaps with Baba (the primo quickie marekt, Hawaiian-style) for ice cream and then lots of library books, all so I could continue my Harry Potter quest to the end of book 7 (accomplished this morning at 1:15 a.m. and yes, Jason, I very seriously considered calling you to discuss as I knew you'd be up in Ohio).

Updates directly from the kids:

Luca- My board game is very, very, very good because I made it (it being "Luca-opoloy" cut from cardboard and based on the original Mon-op). I won.

Zachary- We played "Simon Says" with the Perlings (editor: actually the Perlins, my parents' friends who are also here from Oxford). Terry is funny at the game. He always wants to be Simon. I'm wearing my monkey shirt. Monkey hates it (jealous) I just remembered that. The Perlings gave me a ball.

Ruby- Today we're going to the Polynesian Cultural Center. I hope we get to see hula dancing. After you left (Jason) I went to Pearl Harbor. Zach and Luca wanted to go but mommy said they weren't old enough. And, it's about World War II. I miss daddy.

OK- So that's the update. More later. I have to pack the swim bag and get ready for Mormon-supported fun.

No comments: